Poke!

>> Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For someone who doesn't like needles, I certainly got my share of poking this week. I needed to get some lab tests done, and then a tb test for work. On monday night, I went in for an acupunture session at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine Medical Center. It was really cool! For those of you who have never gotten it done (this was my first time), I'll tell you a bit about what they do. They start off by looking at your tongue and then feeling your pulse. Apparently you can tell a lot about how your body is doing by the color and shape of your tongue. My doctor was so informative! Next, I laid down and they used really thin needles and placed them in certain points all over my body- this depends on what you need most. Sometimes, she would hit certain points, my "chi" spots and they would hurt a tiny bit but it wasn't bad. There were a couple of points in my ear that bled (a drop) when the needles were taken out and it turns out that happens because I had excessive chi in my uterus. They focused on my hormonal balance and liver/period issues. I have my follow up next week, so we'll see how it goes. It's really neat how the body functions and just how many channels of energy there are. Hopefully my body will start having balance. I'm ready to be 100% healthy!

0 AUTRES PENSÉES:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

This is a blog of all things that inspire me: photography, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture, crafts, and other cool blogs I've come across. From time to time, you may get to see what I'm up to too!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP