Sweet Dreams

>> Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yesterday we took Tommy to the doctor for his 5 month (doing the alternative vaccination schedule) vaccines and to get him checked up again because he seemed congested again, coughing and he had had a fever this past Sunday. Turns out he was getting better but must have caught the virus again :/ Poor baby- he's been sick for more than a month now. Anyways, the nurse came in to give him his two vaccines. Jared held him while I talked to him to keep him distracted. One vaccine. no reaction from Tommy. The nurse then said "OK, this is the one that stings" and I thought oh no, here it comes. Second vaccine. no reaction. The nurse said "wow" and we told him Tommy was still waiting for his vaccines. As the nurse left the room, we heard him murmur "wow" again under his breath. hahahahahahaha.. Jared and I burst out laughing.

Tommy is now 20.7 pounds and 27 inches. He's the only kid I know who gains weight while being sick for so long. He's getting so big and can roll over on his tummy now. He's been doing it for a while now but he loves to grab your face, "study" it, and caress it. Occasionally, he'll grab you and try to eat you too. But I love it when he touches my face! He knows who his mama (and daddy) is and it makes my heart melt.


I put Tommy down for bed just a little while ago and watched him sigh and smile in his sleep. He's a pretty happy baby almost 24/7 but to see him in deep slumber and smiling, makes me think I'm not doing such a bad job after all. Besides keeping him alive, and providing all the basic necessities- I'm doing something much more that is making him enjoy his little mortal life so far. and that, my friends, makes it all worth it.


"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads; to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."

0 AUTRES PENSÉES:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

This is a blog of all things that inspire me: photography, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture, crafts, and other cool blogs I've come across. From time to time, you may get to see what I'm up to too!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP